Sunday, January 24, 2010

Yia Yia's - Lincoln Nebraska

What a surprise. I went directly from a vacation in NYC to Lincoln for a work conference. What a contrast. On my last night, I took a recommendation and visited Yia Yia's. I don't know where to start.

The beer - over 300 bottles and 10-15 taps. I had:

Old Rasputin
Weyerbach's Simcoe DIPA
Boulevard Single Wide IPA
New Belgium Ranger IPA

Outside of an expired bottle of Single Wide, the selection was fantastic. All over the world, a bit Colorado heavy, but who can complain when you are trying to circumvent Lincoln distribution laws.

The food - no hyperbole here - the best pizza I have ever had. Better than NYC, better than Chicago, better than Naples.

First slice - potato and peperoncini. What a combo!

Second slice - Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Olive Oil. This did it for me. Put it over the top. Best pizza slice ever.

Third slice (gluttony) - Basic cheese - just okay.

They allow you to create custom slices that are under $5.

The only complaint was about my initial service. I came from a conference, so my style of dress didn't mesh well with the hipster bartenders and locals. However, after finally getting it across that I was a true beer geek, all was well. Never judge a book by its cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment