Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bell's Hopslam

Hopslam release party last night at Sheffield's in Chicago. The beer was way to cold, had to warm it in hands for almost 5 minutes before it started to open up. The first sip, while cold, was very tight and very carbonated. I think I will have to buy this in the bottle and try again. I remember it being so much better. still good though.

A: Opaque golden amber with a bright white head. Head has moderate staying power and lacing.

S: Orange, lavender and grapefruit. Not a ton of hops on the nose. Weird, I know, but the truth.

T: American hop forward. After warming, grapefruit, orange peel, honey.

M: Great when warmed.

D: Good - will try again and may change this review. This is still a well made beer, just not entirely what I remember and definitely not what I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment