Sunday, January 10, 2010

Last night

I split a bomber of Black Sun with Dana (now a follower of this site!) and had a few Big Sky IPAs. Black Sun was outstanding. I am glad I followed up by reading Three Floyd's site description as I thought it was supposed to be a RIS. It is listed as a medium bodied stout carrying coffee and piney hops. I was VERY pleased with this. Fantastic smell, great taste with outstanding drinkability.

The Big Sky had a very unique, pleasant smell - a little different than the Ska/Victory IPAs I have been drinking of late. The taste left something lacking. Technically, this is a brilliant IPA with a lot of character and a great balance of Hop/Malt, I just don't love it.

No review for either of these (maybe a Big Sky as I have one left) as I was at a function and thought pen to paper would seem a little odd.

There will be a review for Half Acre Big Hugs later, though - and it won't be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment