Sunday, January 3, 2010

Last thought of the day...

Two things:

1) I won't generally make a habit of waiting a week and rating the beers I drink all at once. The holidays and a friend's tragedy necessitated the postponement. Either way, great beer all the way around.

2) I think I know why I gave Hercules such a low rating (B). First of all, it isn't the right kind of bold for my palate. It is very good, don't get me wrong, but it is missing something - I can't put my finger on it quite yet. Secondly, Stout/Porter is new to me. Not new as in I have never consumed them. No. My introduction into craft beer was via Lagunitas IPA. Up until six months ago, I would have billed myself as a Hop Enthusiast. But now, things have changed. I still love hops, but I can appreciate Belgians, RIS, Amber Ale, etc., without first comparing them to a monster IPA. To put it simply, my taste is growing.

So there, the reason I am initially harsher to IPAs lies in my proclivity for them, not my disdain. I have tried more of them. The others, there turn is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment